Terms and Conditions of Purchase
WebSite means: www.lcate.co.uk and the thinkific platform associated with www.lcate.co.uk including any other means which enables you to have access to and or purchase of any online courses, onsite courses, webinars, products or services of LCATE Ltd.
Each time you access the WebSite you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions subject to the terms and conditions for online Accredited Courses – please see below.
By using this WebSite, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you disagree with these Terms and Conditions or any part of these Terms and Conditions, then you must not use this Website.
The term ‘LCATE.’; ’We’; ‘Us’: ‘Our’; refers to the owner of the LCATE Ltd with its registered office at 3-4 Sentinel Square, London, NW4 2EL.
The term ‘You’; ‘Yours’; refer to any Person, Firm, Company or Organisation visiting, browsing or using our WebSite.
By clicking the ‘Accept’ button listed on the WebSite, you agree to these terms and conditions.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form or proceeding through the ‘Checkout Process’ you are making an offer to purchase goods or our services (whether or not the products or services are sold online which includes online courses) (‘Product(s)’).
These terms and conditions do not apply any ‘Accredited online Courses’ provided by LCATE. For information regarding the terms & conditions of accredited online courses please contact [email protected]
Once you have either entered a coupon code or made the respective payment for a Product and we have accepted the payment and or the respective coupon, then this will result in a contract being formed.
On certain occasions we will issue coupons.
The coupons have two purposes as follows:
- they allow you access to a Product(s) free of charge; or
- they allow you access to a Product(s) at a discounted price.
The coupons will have a date of expiry.
Short Online Courses
- 10 modules or less – LCATE will provide you with 1 month to complete the online course.
- 20 modules or less – LCATE will provide you with 3 months to complete the online course.
If you do not complete the course within the period then the student will have to repurchase the course from LCATE.
Accredited Courses – If the courses are accredited then the duration can be for more than 12 months. Please contact LCATE for the specific terms & conditions relating to ‘Accredited Courses’. This can be done by contacting [email protected]. These terms and conditions of purchase do not apply to Accredited Online Courses.
Refunds – Online Courses
You may cancel your purchase of the course within the period of 14 calendar days from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded.
This is called as a “Cancellation Period”.
No Right to a Refund – Online Courses
You do not have the right to any refund in the following situations:
- you have redeemed your voucher during the Cancellation Period and you have enrol on more than 50% of the online course; or
- you have purchased the course without a voucher and you have completed more 50% of the online course; or
- you have completed the course and received the certificate.
In case you decide to cancel your purchase of a course please follow the Refund Procedure below.
If you have purchased LCATE’s online course from a third party such as ‘Reed’ then you will need to contact Reed for a refund. A refund will be issued in whole or in part only if you are eligible for a refund.
Refund – Onsite Courses courses
You may cancel your purchase of the course within the period of 30 calendar days from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded. A full refund will be provided to you.
If you cancel the course after the 30 day period you will be provided with a refund of 75% of your total fees.
This is called as a “Cancellation Period”.
If you cancel the course within 3 months prior to the commencement of the course you will be entitled to 50% of your fees.
If you cancel the course 1 month prior to the commencement date of your course you will lose your right to any refund of the course.
You will need to follow the ‘Refund Procedure’ below if you are eligible for any refund.
In case you decide to cancel your purchase of a course please follow the procedure below.
Please email: [email protected] and provide LCATE with the following:
- Your full name;
- Your email;
- The course of enrolment;
- The date of payment;
- Reasons for cancellation (optional).
Provided you are eligible for a refund, we will do our utmost to provide you with a refund within 10 working days from the date of us receiving the above information.
LCATE’s Discretion to provide an Alternative Course or Online Course
In certain circumstances if you are not eligible for any refund LCATE ma exercise a discretion and provide you with an alternative means of enrolling on any onsite course or provide you with an alternative option such as enrolling on an online course. If the online course costs more than the course that you paid for you will need to pay the shortfall.
You are responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to the WebSite.
Security of Debit or Credit Cards
Credit / debit card numbers are not stored on to any of our system. For security reasons, we will never re-display entire card numbers in a readable form and all of the card transactions will be handled by our secure server.
We use secure methods to process the payments via card and on a regular basis monitor the performance of this process. Each time you make a card transaction, you will be sent confirmation of payment via e-mail. This is via the processors: paypal or stripe.
We accept no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the WebSite and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to the WebSite and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of the WebSite.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of the WebSite.
- You must not use this WebSite in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the WebSite or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Site; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorized access, seek to overload the system via spamming or flooding, take any action or use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of the WebSite or attempt to decipher, disassemble or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the WebSite.
- You must not upload, distribute or otherwise publish through this WebSite any content, information, or other material that (a) violates or infringes the copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets or other proprietary information of any person; (b) is libellous, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, or could give rise to civil or criminal liability under the UK or International Laws; or (c) include any bugs, viruses, worms, trap doors, Trojan horses or other harmful code or properties.
- You must not use this WebSite for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Third Party Links
Our WebSite may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties.
We have no control over those other sites and we do not accept or assume any responsibility for those sites or for the content or products of those sites and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our WebSite, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
The use of the WebSite and any agreements entered into through the WebSite are to be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or any agreement made through the WebSite.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
3-4 Sentinel Square